Important Update: Changes to Legacy Authentication for Microsoft 365
Microsoft will be automatically enabling stricter security defaults, potentially confusing your users and disrupting workflow by:
- Requiring all users to register for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) using Microsoft’s Authenticator app,
- Challenging users to provide MFA when logging in, and
- Disabling all authentication still utilizing simple username & password authentication.
Microsoft is rolling this change out gradually; Global Administrators on your M365 account will be notified via email and given two options: turn on security defaults immediately or “snooze” the changes for two weeks. If you’d like to discuss further with our technical team, please schedule time to review using the calendar below.
WorkSmart recommends enabling the new defaults for you and your team proactively. We will:
- Review Applications, Devices, and Integrated Services to establish policies that do not require MFA for certain applications, devices, or services.
- Review and implement baseline Conditional Access Policies to ensure they are optimized for your team, including exclusions when appropriate.
- Communicate with Users to ensure they know what to expect, how to register for MFA and configure Microsoft Authenticator App.
If you’d like a proposal, please fill out the form below.
SCHEDULE TIME TO REVIEW
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US
“I'm incredibly impressed by the communication and proactive service we're receiving from every team member. The difference between WorkSmart and our past IT service providers is incomparable...”
“We love working with the support team at WorkSmart. They respond quickly and do anything necessary to help with our request.”
"WorkSmart has been my "go-to" IT resource for more years than I remember. The service has been exceptional from the very first day we signed on with the company. I've been so impressed with each and every individual you sent over to our facility, or I worked with by phone. Each one has taught me more and more about the changing IT environment, how to troubleshoot various problems, set up equipment, and so much more. "
"Whether remotely or in person, WorkSmart always responds super-quickly to our requests for HELP! It's obvious that you understand how hard it is to conduct business when a system is down, or even one computer, as was the case this morning. Marco has come to our rescue before, and I/we are so very appreciative of him ... and you all! THANK YOU!!! "
“I like everyone I deal with at WorkSmart. They are always kind (especially when I'm stressing) and fast!.”
“I truly need your support, and your support has never failed to be outstanding; thanks to all staff members for your exceptional support.”
Project Development Assistant