Protect Your Microsoft 365 with Backups
With the benefits it brings, Microsoft 365 is an important tool for your company. As the amount of data stored within Microsoft 365 apps grows and the security configurations become increasingly tailored to your needs, a backup solution keeps your team on track and gives you peace of mind.
You may assume that your data is automatically protected and always available. But data loss happens, even in the cloud. In fact, most data loss is caused by human error or malware.
COMMON OCCURRENCES OF DATA LOSS IN MICROSOFT 365 include:
You can easily plan for good, ol’ fashion human error, whether someone accidentally deletes a file and doesn’t notice for a few months, or someone removes a former employee’s account without making a copy of the data. As more team members work remotely, proactively protecting against an employee intentionally deleting data is also important.
In the modern workplace, having your organization’s apps work together saves your team time and helps them to make better business decisions. That’s why Microsoft 365 connects with thousands of apps. Unfortunately, connected apps can inadvertently overwrite data.
Malware and viruses can spread to Microsoft 365. While your organization can boost the security to protect against ransomware from affecting your team’s OneDrive for Business files, it cannot guarantee to prevent all cyberthreats.
Microsoft Teams Faqs:
- Does Microsoft back up my data? Although data protection measures like retention policies exist in Microsoft 365, they are not equal to a true backup solution. Data retention focuses on compliance (to keep data for a certain period of time). There’s no focus on recovery. Data backup makes a copy of your data easily accessible to prevent data loss.
- How often can I back up my data? Backups run automatically up to four times a day.
- How much data can I back up? Having cost-effective solutions is a priority for small businesses. That’s why you get unlimited storage with our Microsoft 365 cloud backup. No per GB costs. Instead, it’s billed per user to make costs more predictable.
- Can I backup Microsoft Teams? We’ve got your back by protecting your Microsoft 365 data no matter where it lives. You can quickly recover conversations, recordings, private channels, and more. In addition to Teams, the backup includes Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Project Online, Groups, Teams, Planner, and Public Folders without losing structure and permissions.
- Where do my backups live? WorkSmart partners with AvePoint to provide a secure and scalable backup solution. Backups are stored in AvePoint’s Azure storage.
- How long does it take to restore files? Within minutes! You can restore to a mailbox or OneDrive or a spot outside of Microsoft 365. The robust search capabilities help you find what you need (and fast).